- A static page layout is the most basic web design layout you can get. It is not mobile friendly and won’t adapt to your users browsers, this is the type of website that was used in the past – if you want to be successful in this generation you need an upgrade.
- The liquid page layout will adapt to the width of the browser but because it uses percentages instead of pixels, it may not adapt appropriately. On very large browsers the content may stretch out too far where you see a full paragraph be stretched into one line and vice versa for smaller browsers where the content will be too crowded – it’s an upgrade but is it the best? I think not.
- The adaptive page layout will detect the width of the browser and alter the layout but uses fixed widths that define the adaptively of the web layout, if a browsers dimensions are between the fixed widths that are set, the page will not adjust correctly, meaning that some content may get removed or swapped and not where they should be. It’s a good temporary website as it can be done faster than the responsive layout, but still not the very best you can get, you can do better.
- The responsive page layout uses both relative units and media queries, accommodating any browser width, narrow or wide. It is designed first to fit a mobile device; it is then stretched to fit on any tablet or desktop. If you are looking for a mobile friendly website, this is the best choice, keeping in mind it will take longer to design and develop. You’ve reached the best you can get, your users can see your website on any browser including their mobile devices that we seem to all be so attached to these days.
Are you getting what will help your company in that website design package?
Keep in mind that a company can build you a website but are they including the content that is needed to get you ranked on Google? What are your consumers searching for in search engines to find your products or services? Using the correct content to include keywords that your consumers will be searching for is a crucial part in having a website. If you were an ice cream shop called “Margaret’s”, you wouldn’t want to be showing up in Google for just Margaret’s. How are consumers supposed to know that you are an ice cream shop when looking for one? A consumer will search “Ice Cream Shop – Calgary”, by having the correct headings and content in your website, the keywords such as “Ice Cream Shop – Calgary” will be used to be able to reach that consumer accordingly.
Not only is content crucial in your website but also in your social media accounts. A good design company will also link your social media posts to your website, gaining more traffic to your site. Blogs are also a very strategic element into gaining exposure to your website, again using keywords that your consumers will be searching to reach them.
If you have paid for a website and you find that you are not ranking for certain keywords, I’m sorry to break it you but you got ripped off. Look at your headings; do they say generic titles such as Home, About, Services, Contact? This is wrong, your titles should be ranking for your keywords that potential consumers are searching for such as ice cream Calgary, ice cream shop Calgary, etc. Now scroll into some of your content on your website, can you click onto any words that direct you to another one of your pages allowing your consumer to get more information about what you do? These words are also the keywords that you are trying to rank for in Google, if you haven’t found any yet, again I hate to break it to you but you got ripped off.
The main factors that influence the price for website design
Why do quotes you have received from different web design company’s range from one extreme to the other? What does this mean? Why is one quote so cheap and the other out of this world?
First thing I want to mention is that the cheapest website is NOT the way to go. Your website is a significant part of your business, this is not an element that you want to cheap out on.
The cheapest website that I have seen posted online was for $499, this will be the as basic as basic can get. It will have no proper content, will not be mobile friendly, and will not be using the proper headings it should be. Why even bother with something like this.
The most expensive website design that has ever been built was for $18,000,000, yep that is $18 MILLION! Now of course this is outrageous, unless you are the US Government!
So what is a fair price to pay for a good website that will give you the value for your money? Well here are the factors that go into a web design price:
Account Services – this is your front line customer service rep that will communicate your ideas to their team and see your project through beginning to end.
- Planning – After understanding your web design vision, how does the web design company align your objectives with your consumers? They do extensive research of your consumers and how to reach them most effectively.
- Design – Now, your design company will focus on the branding, themes, perceptions, photos, font selections and much more visual aspects that will go into your custom website. A good company will show you the progress of the website and allow you to critique, voice your opinions and ideas you may have to fully reach the breath-taking vision you have.
- Development – This part of the project is the bigger part of the project, normally a company will have a credited website developer that works on the frontend and backend part of your website.
- Deployment – Time to “Go Live” letting the whole Internet world see your completed website! This is your time to make your “first impression” to the world! Make sure you proof it before going live.
- Payroll – Now that you see the extensive process of developing a custom, quality website you can see that you are buying the design companies expertise and personal. The creative and technical knowledge workers that get your project done right is what it all boils down too. From start to finish a project can take approximately 150-300 hours for a good design company to complete your project. The average, best price that you will get for great quality with a design company that truly has your best interest at heart is around $3,500 – $5,000.
We hope you enjoyed our post and got the information you required!
Local: (403) 547-6963 | Toll Free: 1 (855) 547-6963 | [email protected]