What is Google Analytics 4?
Google Analytics 4 is the newest addition to Google analytics. It has a lot of new features and functions, not just for webmasters/site owners but a lot of improvements as well. One of the most exciting features that Google analytics 4 offers is an improved interface, which is easier to use and can be customized in any way you wish. Personalization allows website owners to create different profiles for different users and see data from those particular users or profiles. GA4 also has some new features for site owners like tracking visitors’ behaviour with events, gaining insights about the performance of your mobile app, and adding AMP pages to your content reporting and SEO efforts.
Google Analytics is a free and powerful analytics tool that can be used to collect, analyze, and track website data. It helps marketers understand how people find their websites. It also helps them know how the visitors interact with it. Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is an updated version of Universal Analytics where you get more insights about your website traffic because it has been improved with new features that will help you make better decisions for your business. GA4 lets you do A/B testing to see which of the two versions of a webpage performs better so you make better use of your resources. It also makes it possible to see which parts of your site have the most traffic or the least.
Google Analytics (GA) is a powerful website analysis tool that can provide valuable insights into your website traffic, user behaviour, and marketing effectiveness. While GA’s core features have remained relatively unchanged over the years, Google has been gradually expanding its capabilities with the release of newer versions. With the recent launch of GA 4, it’s now time to switch to this latest version if you haven’t already.
Google Analytics 4 New Features
Google Analytics is without a doubt one of the most popular website analysis tools on the internet. And while the old Universal Analytics was a great tool, GA 4 has taken website analytics to a whole new level. Here are just some of the new features that you can expect to find in Google Analytics 4:
- The first new feature is the ability to compare data between different websites. This will help you understand how your websites are performing compared to each other. The second new feature is the ability to track website conversions within Google Analytics. This will allow you to measure the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and track how many sales were generated as a result of each campaign. The third new feature is the ability to track user engagement with your website. This will help you
This feature lets you see the individual behaviour of users on your website. You can see what pages they visited, how long they stayed on each page, and what actions they took. This information can help you to identify which pages are most effective and which ones need improvement.
Have an important metric that you want to track on a daily/weekly basis? With custom dashboards, you can create a dashboard specifically for that metric, making it easy to keep tabs on.
- This feature allows you to manage users and user roles in Google Analytics. You can create custom user roles, and assign permissions to users based on their roles.
Enhanced data filtering
- This feature makes it easier to find and filter specific data sets. You can now filter data by acquisition channel, behaviour, audience, and product
Google Analytics 4 is the latest version of Google Universal Analytics. It has been redesigned to make it easier for new users to get started and more intuitive for existing users.
More features include:
– A new dashboard with a focus on the data you care about most
– New navigation that makes it easier to find your way around
– Clearer insights and reports
– More robust attribution modelling
How Google Analytics 4 Changes Reporting & Marketing Data Collection for Successful Businesses
The goal of Google Analytics 4 is to make it easier for business owners to manage their digital marketing efforts and improve their data collection process. Google has been working on this new version for a long time, and it’s finally ready for business owners to use.
GA4 is a complete overhaul of Google Analytics, which is now focused on helping businesses understand their customers better and improve the customer experience. Google Analytics 4 has been redesigned to provide marketers with more insights and better data. It’s also focused on helping businesses understand their customers better and improve the customer experience. GA4 is a suite of tools for Google Analytics that makes it easier for marketers to track data through conversion funnels as well as to measure marketing campaign effectiveness.
The GA4 suite includes: Google Analytics, Optimize, Tag Manager, Data Studio, and Attribution 360.
The use of tracking code and now shifting to GA4’s data stream is a new concept in the world of data analytics. It is a process that is used for implementing Analytics 4 (GA4) into a website. The data will be used for analyzing the website and its performance.
To implement GA4, there are three steps that can be followed:
1) Add the measurement ID (former Tacking Code ID) to your web pages: This will allow GA4 to collect any data about your website and its visitors which will then be sent back to Google.
2) Create an account with Google Analytics: This will enable you to access all of your data from anywhere in the world as well as get insights into how you can optimize your website for conversion rates.
3.) Google Tag Manager: Setup, Add and maintain tags through a web interface to send data events to GA4, as well as other Google and non-Google tools. Google Tag Manager can help you add tags to your site if you have many analytics and marketing tags.
If you have an existing Universal Analytics ID (UA-XXXXX), then setting up Google Analytics 4 is easy. There is a GA4 setup assistant from your old UA Admin where you can create your new GA4 property within your Universal Analytics and integrate them as part of your Toronto SEO campaign.
Why You Should Switch To Google Analytics 4 Today
It has been reported that GA4 is not carrying over any historical data that you’ve tracked from your Universal Analytics. It starts tracking as soon as it is set up. In 2023, once Google completely removes the old UA might be too late for you to track data and conversion from your website: Impressions, Keywords, Exit Pages, and Conversion – these are all be removed and your site will have a fresh start collecting data.
That is why today businesses – B2B or B2C (any industries) that are using the old Universal Analytics are advised to set up Google Analytics 4 and connect it to their existing analytics. This process is called dual tagging. In this way, your website will have enough data stream collected until Universal Analytics will be completely deprecated.
Benefits Of Dual Tagging Between Analytics 4 and Universal Analytics
Dual Tagging simply means adding Google Analytics 4 to your website in parallel with your old Universal Analytics. There are two ways of dual tagging implementation:
- Dual Tagging with Google Tag Manager
- Dual Tagging without Google Tag Manager
The benefits of dual tagging implementation are to create an opportunity for your website such as:
- More Historical Data Will Be Gathered:
- the sooner you switch or connect GA4 to your existing Universal Analytics, the more data you can gather until UA will be deprecated. In this case, you will have the capability to check your data on 2023 vs the previous year.
- Future-proof your business:
- Google has announced that Universal Analytics will be fully deprecated in July 2023. In this case, GA4 should be the default analytics once a new property is created for your website. In this way, you future-proof yourself and your website once UA will be obsolete.
- Enough Time To Get Used With GA4:
- Aside from adopting the change, setting up a dual tagging on-site will allow you to become accustomed to the new Google Analytics 4. This will give you enough time to flatten the curve when learning GA4 if you’re unfamiliar with GA4’s Firebase or Web + App features.
Adopting New Tools Will Make Your Business More Profitable
It is not enough to just adopt new tools. You need to adopt them in a way that will make your business more profitable. As a business in Toronto or any part of Canada, there are many ways in which you can adopt new tools and make your business more profitable. Some of the most important ones may include if you happen to hire a Toronto SEO company:
– using data from the tool to create better marketing campaigns, especially the latest GA4.
– using a tool for content writing
– using a tool for conversion optimization
– using other tools that are related to digital marketing
Tools are crucial to the success of any business. They make processes more efficient and help you get the most out of your employees. If you are looking to adopt new tools to make your business more profitable, contact us for help. Our Toronto SEO team can provide you with the resources you need to get started.