SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization; it is the tie of what you offer consumers and what your consumers search for on search engines. With little or no SEO on your website, it is like the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel. If Gretel doesn’t leave bread crumbs behind her, the duo would never find their way back home. Similarly, how are customers supposed to find you if you are not ranking in search engines for the services/products that you are offering?
A good website designer builds your website based on thorough market research that they conduct to find keywords of what your consumer will be searching for to find your services/products that you offer, they will research your competitors to find out how they are ranking in SEO engines and what keywords they are using, they will strategically put effort into attempting to outrank your competition through content writing, which is a critical element of ranking on search engines, and through the different types SEO Techniques to assist in your online presence.
Search Engine Optimization Techniques
Search Engine Optimization fits into 2 categories; on-page SEO and off-page SEO:
- On-Page SEO: What you do on your own website or blog to create more traffic to your site. This is where web designers use the keywords or phrases that they have researched to help your consumers find you. A good SEO company continuously checks the keywords they chose to ensure your search engine rankings are working efficiently. Otherwise, they will improve or revise them accordingly. The on-page SEO will be found in headings, titles, domain names and images found on your website.
- Off-Page SEO: Purely the opposite of On-Page SEO, it is search engine optimization done outside of your webpage. Usually, this content off your website uses keywords, which have been researched by your SEO Company for words that will rank in SEO engines, to link other webpages back to your website. SEO off-page is a combination of social media, social bookmarking, and links. Each of these types brings traffic to your site; whether you are making a video linking to your site, posting a status that links back to your site, or whatever it may be! You are increasing your search engine rankings in Google, which only means one thing, customers are finding those bread crumbs leading to your website!
How to Choose Your SEO Company
There are a ton of SEO companies today, and some are going to promise you the world until they make the sale – then all of a sudden you cannot reach them. Some companies you find will be out of India or somewhere overseas, where they guarantee you ranking in SEO engines on the first page of Google within the first month of doing business. Both of these are big NO, NO’s when choosing an SEO company. Here are some tips to help you choose the right SEO Company that truly has your business growth at heart:
- How do you feel about your person of contact? Is your gut steering you away? Listen to it! Deal with experts that know what they are talking about, someone trustworthy and compatible.
- Take a look at their portfolio. Are their clients ranking in search engines for their industry’s keywords? Do your research.
- Many SEO companies today are scammed by overseas marketing firms that really don’t know your industry or your market. As soon as they get your cash they build your website then all of a sudden their MIA. Shop locally, if you are located in Calgary, hire an SEO company in Calgary! It is more personal and you are less likely to get a bad deal.
- No Calgary SEO company should guarantee your rank on the first page of Google in the first month – they are blowing smoke! A good SEO Company will tell you that it takes at least 4 – 7 months to see changes in your search engine ranking.
Start with the Right Choice
Bottom line is, you get what you pay for! Would you cheap out on equipment to run your company? Why do it with an SEO Company? Websites and SEO go hand in hand, they are a critical aspect in growing your business online in this day and age. It is the front door of your business on the Internet and is how consumers perceive you! Don’t go for the cheapest rate; go for the quality and people you have seen the results from!
We hope you enjoyed our post and got the information you require!
Questions or comments? Contact GrowME for more information, your Calgary Marketing Company with the tools your business needs for GROWTH! Local: (403) 547-6963 | Toll Free: 1 (855) 547-6963 | [email protected]